Home to Newark, New Jersey is one of the hardest working artists in the city, Chad B. The Jersey born spitter focuses on keeping his hometown of Newark in the minds of all of his fans so that they can better understand his music.
Chad B not only delivers melodic club-bangers and ghetto gospel, but he also provides EDM inspired music. His artistic ear enables diversity within his music. He is the sole driving force behind the re-creation of EDM music genre known as “Jersey Club.” His distinctive sound has been defined as a “Hybrid EDM.” A sound that combines high energy and fast paced beats with smooth harmonized catchy lyrics.
Between his eccentric style, humble demeanor and profound lyrical content, Chad B is a refreshing look into the soul of Hip Hop and Dance music. Chad B is living proof that when opportunities present themselves as long as you stay consistent, poised and humble – you can’t be stopped. It’s straight to the top from there.
Chad uses his music to reach fans and artists especially those coming out of Newark, to have motivation and hope. He utilizes it to create a better understanding of how rough Jersey really is and its impact on the Hip-Hop community. Music was an outlet for him to get out and stay out of the streets. Some of Chad’s musical influences include Tupac, Jadakiss, Jay-Z and of course New Jersey natives, Naughty By Nature. He wants to provide that for listeners and fans. Chad continues to make music that appeals to the masses and for others to respect his life and what it took for him to get where he is.
Over the past few years, Chad B has worked with various hip-hop heavyweights both independently and as a signed artist. He has traveled across the country and world to locations such as: Dubai, Germany, and Amsterdam showcasing his musical talent.
Currently, the Brick City lyricist is on a nationwide radio promo tour for his latest single “Miss My Dawgs” which dropped at the end of February 2018. It has since garnered a lot of buzzing with over 100,000 views to date. It’s a dope tribute track for anyone who’s ever lost someone to the streets paired with a captivating visual. Listen to “Miss My Dawgs” – it’s available on all major streaming services. Take a look at the visual below and let me know what you think! But first, check out the interview below:
- What was your inspiration behind your recent single “Miss My Dawgs?”
- –“I LOST A LOT OF PEOPLE TO THE STREETS AS WELL AS THE SYSTEM.. NOW THAT IM WINNING I WANTED TO REFLECT AND JUST LET THEM KNOW I DIDN’T FORGET ABOUT THEM OR WHERE I CAME FROM.”
- What inspired the visual ? As well as the location in LA ?
- -“SUCCESS INSPIRED THE VISUAL.. THIS VIDEO WAS SHOT IN LA ALL-STAR WEEKEND AND WE DIDN’T WANT IT TO BE A TYPICA IN THE CEMETERY POURING OUT LIQUOR VIDEO!! WE WANTED TO SHOW THE LEVEL UP BUT STILL LET IT BE KNOWN WE STARTED AT THE BOTTOM….”
- What are your standout record(s)/ single(s) and/or moments to date?
- -“HIT IT FT LUMIDEE ; PRESIDENTIAL FT PROSTYLE ; WE HUSTLE FT LIL WAYNE & FREEKEY ZEKEY ; IN MY ZONE FT CASCIO ; MISS MY DAWGS ; COURT SIDE FT VADO.”
- Already being in the industry for 5+ years, in what way has your newer music differ from when you first started?
- -“ALL THE MUSIC THAT’S BEING CREATED NOW WAS BEING CREATED THEN.. I ALWAYS HAD THIS VISION.”
- Which artists did you listen to coming up as an artist to inspire your sound and music?
- -“I LISTEN TO ALL KIND OF MUSIC & A VARIETY OF DIFFERENT ARTIST .. THIS IS WHAT INFLUENCE ME TO STEP OUT THE BOX.”
- What made you fall in love with Hip-Hop?
- -“HONESTLY JUST BEING A VOICE ON A MAJOR PLATFORM. USING MY INFLUENCE TO BRING CHANGE THE WORLD.”
- Who or what inspired you to get into EDM?
- -“AS A KID GROWING UP MY MOTHER INTRODUCED ME TO HOUSE MUSIC.. I ADDED MY OWN TWIST TO IT AND CONTINUED TO GROW WITH THE SOUND.”
- What skills or personal attributes do you feel are most important to being successful in the music industry?
- -“GRIND GRIND GRIND.. GROWING , LEARNING AND TAKING NO FOR AN ANSWER.”
- What is your overall goal in Hip-Hop?
- -“I WANNA CREATE GREAT MUSIC .. GREAT VISUALS … USE MY INFLUENCE TO BUILD MY COMMUNITY BACK UP AND SHOW THE YOUTH THAT THEY CAN DO IT TOO DESPITE WHAT ANYONE SAY.”
- What new projects are you working on ?
- -“DROPPING ANOTHER SINGLE VERY SOON. COURT SIDE FT VADO …. NEW MIXTAPE ON THE WAY AS WELL AS A LOT MORE HITS … THEN WE HITTING THE ROAD.”